Anyone have experience with Houston Bamboo Nursery

Other things that involve bamboo

Moderator: needmore

xreadx
Location info: 0

Anyone have experience with Houston Bamboo Nursery

Post by xreadx »

Has anyone had any issues with this Nursery? The reviews look good and the owner was friendly and answered my calls/questions. I'm mainly concerned with the ID of the Bambusa Kanapaha, as it is the main expense in the order. I will be picking up my order in February so that I can place in ground before spring begins.

This is my order:

22 X Bambusa Textilis 'Kanapaha" Royal Bamboo (3 Gallon)
10 X Bambusa Multiplex 'Golden Goddess' Bamboo Plant (3 Gallon)
1 X Bambusa Ventricosa 'Buddha Belly' Bamboo Plant (1 Gallon)

Houston Bamboo Nursery
10815 Leitz Rd, Houston, TX 77075 Phone 832.713.4319

Any feedback is appreciated. I feel like if this Nursery turns out will be making more purchases in the future from them since they are only two hours away from me.

-Daniel Read
da7id
Location info: 0

Re: Anyone have experience with Houston Bamboo Nursery

Post by da7id »

Sure, I was there a few month ago they had tons of textilis & multiplex. I got 4 smaller plants. It does have more of a wholesaler / landscape supplier feeling with tons of bamboo in pots on a big dirt lot. I have to say though that I preferred Caldwell’s in Rosenberg. The plants I got from them have gotten much larger than the ones from Houston Bamboo. Also Caldwell’s is really beautiful with tons of huge mature different bamboo species in the ground. More like a botanical gardens. The 12ft 15g emiensis I got from them in late August threw up 3 new 25 ft shoots & is still putting up more.

Anyway, I’d suggest visiting both if you have time.

-David