Fargesia demissa 'Gerry'

Other things that involve bamboo

Moderator: needmore

iain
Location info: 0

Re: Fargesia demissa 'Gerry'

Post by iain »

The mature plant looks great. Thanks for sharing.
Boohoo?
Cooper12
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by Cooper12 »

I would love to try this one someday , however 400 for a one gallon or 500 for a 2 gallon is way out of my range at Bamboo Garden.
Jason Floyd
Hangtown Farms

Emmett Idaho
Zone 7A
Potato country
Rai Hannover

Post by Rai Hannover »

Today's picture:
Attachments
DSC00746.jpg
iain

Post by iain »

Another great mature specimen growing in Germany. I have the Black elderberry (Sambucus nigra) and the blue thistle-like flowers of Centaurea montana growing adjacent to the plant, and all three somewhat reflect each other in terms of colour. But the simple green foliage of the fern and Ornamental currant (Sycamore?) in Steffen's photo contrast wonderfully against the culms, making for a jungly appearance.
Cooper12 wrote:I would love to try this one someday , however 400 for a one gallon or 500 for a 2 gallon is way out of my range at Bamboo Garden.
That is prohibitive by most standards.
Boohoo?
T9D

Post by T9D »

Cooper12 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:45 pm I would love to try this one someday , however 400 for a one gallon or 500 for a 2 gallon is way out of my range at Bamboo Garden.
Same here. I went to see it in person at Bamboo Garden Nursery. I'd really like to buy some but $500 what the hell man. Ok I can understand if it's really rare and slow growing. But then I see it for sale in other countries for like $50. I guess nobody else here in the states has really bothered to grow it and sell it. It was a fascinating looking plant. A bit sparse looking, not many leaves, but the colors are fantastic and just an overall unique look. I'd still like to get my hands on it. I wonder if they take lower offers lol.