bambooweb.info
http://www.bambooweb.info/bb/

Phyllostachys n. Megurochiku flowering?
http://www.bambooweb.info/bb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7600
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Cooper12 [ Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:11 am ]
Post subject:  Phyllostachys n. Megurochiku flowering?

I've heard from a few people that there megurochiku are flowering. I have not noticed mine doing it. just curious if anyone else's is

Author:  Deane [ Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Phyllostachys n. Megurochiku flowering?

Mine is not flowering thank goodness I have not had any reports from other I know with it either

Author:  Tyke-A [ Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Phyllostachys n. Megurochiku flowering?

Out of 8 plants I have one flowering here in Missouri

Author:  Cooper12 [ Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Phyllostachys n. Megurochiku flowering?

On the Facebook page quite a few are stating there's are

Author:  mountainbamboonut [ Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Phyllostachys n. Megurochiku flowering?

Oh boy, thankfully none of mine are, I have about 6 stands planted in the ground and 5 pots and none so far are. I'm also located near you in Amador so I hope the old voodoo doesn't spread this way!

Author:  chowchitaylor [ Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Phyllostachys n. Megurochiku flowering?

I just saw that my Megurochiku is flowering here in Georgia. I hope my plant doesn't die. I put some tarp around the bottom to hopefully catch some seeds when they ripen. Not sure what else to do, but any suggestions are welcome. I got this clone from bamboo garden center in 2011.

Author:  needmore [ Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Phyllostachys n. Megurochiku flowering?

It will be interesting to see if henon or bory or nigra also start to flower. I would assume that all of the forms must have originated from a flowering of Phyllostachy nigra 'Henon'?

Author:  mountainbamboonut [ Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Phyllostachys n. Megurochiku flowering?

I did have a bunch of p. aurea that I dug from a guy's home a few years ago all flower though, but I watered through it and about half survived. Is that normal? I just kept watering it and although culms died some new ones came up and some made it (at least for now.) It's my first time doing that so I have no idea if that was right or not.

Author:  Deane [ Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Phyllostachys n. Megurochiku flowering?

Cooper12 wrote:
On the Facebook page quite a few are stating there's are

Which Facebook page? Is it a group ?

Author:  Cooper12 [ Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Phyllostachys n. Megurochiku flowering?

Deane wrote:
Cooper12 wrote:
On the Facebook page quite a few are stating there's are

Which Facebook page? Is it a group ?


yes American bamboo society page. you are on there.

Author:  Deane [ Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Phyllostachys n. Megurochiku flowering?

Cooper12 wrote:
Deane wrote:
Cooper12 wrote:
On the Facebook page quite a few are stating there's are

Which Facebook page? Is it a group ?


yes American bamboo society page. you are on there.

Jason I feel really silly now I didn’t realise it was you I did the same with Kailey (Vanisle bamboo) now we are good friends, My sincere apologies

Author:  Cooper12 [ Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Phyllostachys n. Megurochiku flowering?

Deane wrote:
Cooper12 wrote:
Deane wrote:
Cooper12 wrote:
On the Facebook page quite a few are stating there's are

Which Facebook page? Is it a group ?


yes American bamboo society page. you are on there.

Jason I feel really silly now I didn’t realise it was you I did the same with Kailey (Vanisle bamboo) now we are good friends, My sincere apologies



no problem. I wasn't upset :D I put my sons name on my all my screen names. Not sure why just have done it sine he was born.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/