Bamboo seeds Catalog

Other things that involve bamboo

Moderator: needmore

Greenfingeredste
Location info: 0

Bamboo seeds Catalog

Post by Greenfingeredste »

Just came upon this site http://thai-bamboo-seeds.blogspot.co.uk/. They have a number of germination proved seeds for various bamboo's......The seeds come from Boonthammee Bamboo Garden in Thailand. I'm thinking of taking the plunge and ordering a few different types. Had anyone here ordered from Boonthammee Bamboo Garden ?
johnw
Bamboo Society Membership: EBS - Germany

Re: Bamboo seeds Catalog

Post by johnw »

That's Dieter's website. You might check out his posts under user name - KhunDieter - in the sortable Members section. Everyone says the seed is dependable, he may help you out on any Borinda as they were originally wrongly named.
johnw coastal Nova Scotia
KhunDieter

Post by KhunDieter »

The Bamboo Seeds Catalog, http://thai-bamboo-seeds.blogspot.com , is actually Khun [Mr.] Sam's website (blog), who recently entered in cooperation with Khun Thammarat of Boonthammee Bamboo Garden, a separate bamboo nursery in the same province, Chiang Mai, of northern Thailand. I myself helped in the past to get the Catalog established, and the seed sales are no longer done by Khun Sam but by Khun Thammarat. Processing seed exchange/swap has still remained my duty, as well as carrying out seed germination tests and attempts in identifying bamboos raised from seeds. The seeds offered in the Catalog are from different sources, most are from China, some from flowering bamboos of the Baan Sammi Bamboo Garden, Chiang Mai, and from other parts of Thailand, and a few are from the Americas, and from cultivated bamboos elsewhere.
Greenfingeredste

Thank you for your reply KhunDieter I have sent request from facebook and also a pm
Greenfingeredste

Well I placed an order for seeds...however I have had no reply nor is there a paypal email for me to pay it...I have stated in the email all info they requested yet still nothing...I'm guessing the language barrier is the problem.
KhunDieter

Post by KhunDieter »

How many days are you waiting for response? As far as I know, Khun Thammarat is out of office for a one week bamboo irrigation project in a remote mountain area, maybe without Internet access. Please, be patient.
Greenfingeredste

I have seen the pictures. I can wait there is no rush....I thought it might have been due to language....was going to ask my Thai friend to email for me :D