BAMBOOWEB.INFO
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:06 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:35 pm 

Why does it seem like no one knows how to care for Bamboo. I blame this on both customers just buying anything a store has to sell them and big box store that have no real info on any of the products they sell. This is a huge issue I have with big box stores know one knows anything about most of the products they sell or have and info on them. Same goes for wine, etc. you cannot get someone at Walmart or the grocery store to help with a purchasing decision. one reason I like dedicated - specialty stores.

http://www.theintell.com/news/local/yardley-bamboo-invasion-disrupts-neighbors/article_ec183d83-f020-5a52-b3f2-f56069a95ce4.html
http://www.theintell.com/news/local/yar ... 95ce4.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:40 pm 

zxylene wrote:
. you cannot get someone at Walmart or the grocery store to help with a purchasing decision. one reason I like dedicated - specialty stores.

One minute they're selling Pleioblastus, next minute a front-loading washing machine. Home Depot seems to be the only place where they know what they're selling though not in the garden centre.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:58 am 

zxylene wrote:
Why does it seem like no one knows how to care for Bamboo.

That article says:
Quote:
Keeping the grass cut on her 90- by 120-foot yard helps keep the bamboo at bay because it won’t cross the line where the grass begins.

[...] a new lawn needs constant mowing to destroy small remnants of bamboo plant that might remain in the soil,

Mowing.

Some people seem unwilling or unable to surround a bamboo by an expanse of grass that can be mowed.