bamboo paper towel

Other things that involve bamboo

Moderator: needmore

needmore
Location info: 0
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

bamboo paper towel

Post by needmore »

The store in Indiana that I work with received some pretty cool samples - 100% Bamboo Fiber Paper Towel. It came in a circle a bit larger than a silver dollar and you add a small amount of water to it and it swells right up and forms a large, very sturdy paper towel.

Sadly, they are not too savvy on the marketing (or ARE they) as the samples came with no info other than a phone number 714 469-1483. There appears to be a registered name Spun Bamboo. Very cool product, I may have to call and get pricing info.
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1

RE: bamboo paper towel

Post by bambooweb »

Brad,

I googled the phone number and came up with the cell phone for Bamboo Textile.
http://www.bambooclothes.com/.sc/ms/ch/ ... _president

I had bought some t-shirts from them when they still offered them for $10 and they were good quality.

Bill
kstanwick
Location: Stillwater NJ z6a Sussex county. 20 minutes from the Del. Water Gap.

Post by kstanwick »

Yes that is Rich. his market is really taking off. I believe that we got a good deal on the shirts back then because he told me he really couldn't do them for that $ anymore...
Kurt Stanwick
Stillwater NJ z6a

Kurt's Garden
needmore

Post by needmore »

I didn't realize that it was Rich, we got some of his shirts at less than $5 each including shipping. This allowed us to retail them under $10 and they were very popular. The only ones left at that price are eye jarring colors 8) I want to find out the deal on the paper towels they are very cool and seem like they'd last several uses.
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
kinderc

Post by kinderc »

Yes, Rich has been very "kind' to the various Bamboo Chapters, in supplying Bamboo fiber items, at very GOOD prices. However, "MR. BUSH" got into the act, and placed a tariff on Textiles from China, (I think this is the correct term ? ?), which has just about doubled the price of any bamboo fabric items these days. If ANY of you folks are interested, we still have some Tx Bamboo Society "T"s w/ our logo on them, for $5 bucks, plus whatever it costs to mail them. ONE, costs about $2 bucks to mail, 1st class. I can send up to ten in one of those "one price' boxes, that mail for $8.10 or so.)..[/b]
Kinder C
Texas Bamboo Soc.