Bamboo Ban

Other things that involve bamboo

Moderator: needmore

foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

RE: Bamboo Ban

Post by foxd »

One would think that if someone was calling for a meeting to set up a neighborhood association that they would include an address rather than a vague "at the dead end of Thornton St." I was a half hour late to the meeting because of going from dead end to dead end trying to find the place. And the phone number on the flier would have been useful if the woman had actually turned her cellphone on. :evil:

What I saw of the meeting itself was uneventful, though I did point out several times that Thornton has at least six dead ends, so an address would have been more useful.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
Iowaboo
Location info: 32

Post by Iowaboo »

They were hoping that the bamboo guy wouldn't make it to the meeting. They oh so wanted to diss boo. :evil:
foxd

Post by foxd »

Fortunately they seemed to have other problems and if they dice boo I can point out some REAL problem plants in the neighborhood, like the neighbor's Tree of Heaven, which I have nicknamed Shrub Niggurath.

I have also spotted another invasive in the neighborhood that looks like it will be a real problem next year.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
Jeff: Igor's Apprentice
Location info: 0

Post by Jeff: Igor's Apprentice »

Just don't call your neighbors tree that during a new moon! :angryfire:

Hopefully, they were discussing the abolition of six-ended roads. :happy6: :happy3: :laughing5:
Iowaboo
Location info: 32

Post by Iowaboo »

I don't know, I like ailanthus. But only keep the males. Female trees do have a knack for distributing the babies everywhere.

Definite no-no tree in a yard.
8)
foxd

Post by foxd »

Fortunately they were more concerned with people shooting at each other than what plants they have. And there are a couple of places in the neighborhood that could be cleaned up, like the towing service that moved out and left all those rusting cars. And if I do get any flack about my bamboo I can point out the massive infestation of Japanese knotweed on one side and the forest of a thousand young ailanthus trees on the other.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

Eastlandia
Location info: 0

Post by Eastlandia »

I just thought of a article someone posted in our county newspaper.
The lady, who lives in somewhat of a suburb in Nashville suggested that ALL plant life should be taken out and everything should be paved over in response to the bird flew. She said that everyone should stop feeding wildlife and that the entire residential neighborhood. (about 1/2 square mile) should be completely without vegetation. So...does that solve anything?
I mean really!, We just found a cure for bird flu today!!
Its simple! Bush is going to bomb the Canary Islands!!!
-Eastlandia
Brian T. Lawrence
Southern Indiana (2002-2011)
Fort Myers Florida (2012-2013)
Tanzania (2014)