First Thrust of Spring

Other things that involve bamboo

Moderator: needmore

foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

RE: First Thrust of Spring

Post by foxd »

It seems to be a yearly ritual to stare at the ground morning and night in the spring.

I'm getting more of the shoots from the bamboos that have already put up shoots. (H. t. 'Shiroshima', S. veitchii, P. v. 'Crysophyllus', and P. aureosulcata)

The S. y 'kimmei and F. nitida are sprouting new branches and leaves, but no shoots yet.

P. a. 'Spectabilis' and P. nigra have tiny leaf buds starting to appear.

The excitement builds!
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
Cactus Joe
Location info: 0

Post by Cactus Joe »

The wait is killing me! And it doesn't help for you lot to report shoots left right and center! :P

But I know the day will come. It's just that we are slower here. I did spy two shoots from a young Moso in a 3 gallon pot. But I cheated a bit - it has been sitting in my unheated greenhouse. But, hey, anything to satisfy my needs.
Bamboomoon

Post by Bamboomoon »

They look like good pics to me. I'm envious of people who have the new cameras and need to get one myself. It's great, all the pictures people post. here.
BambooMoon
zone 8b
Snohomish, Wa
foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by foxd »

You could do like I did and get one of the CVS cameras, though they are a real pain to download pictures from.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
OKbamboo

Post by OKbamboo »

Most the shoots are just starting to break the earth here in Oklahoma City except for the late culmers. P. violascens was the first to come up here 2 weeks ago, some of these shoots are already over 8' tall!!! This is the best time of year for sure!