Clearance sale at K Van Bourgondien &sons

Other plants we have or landscape elements like ponds.

Moderator: needmore

stevelau1911
Location info: 42

Clearance sale at K Van Bourgondien &sons

Post by stevelau1911 »

For anyone else out there who loves to hoard plants, there's a clearance sale at this website:
https://www.kvbwholesale.com/store/peonies

I've been collecting tree peonies and itoh peonies so I had to get 3 of each on all their tree peonies which ended up to be 42 (1year old) grafted plants. $545.92 is not bad for 42 tree peonies of 14 different species which I might deep plant right away in the ground if they are very long, or keep them in pots if I manage to get a hold of some tall tree pots, and try to force the woody stems to produce their own roots in a controlled environment.
stevelau1911

Re: Clearance sale at K Van Bourgondien &sons

Post by stevelau1911 »

Update

After getting 42 of these at a pretty good price averaging $13 per plant, 13 of them ended up being dead sticks(DOA), but after calling in, they did replace them with good plants so I would give them positive feedback for living up to their 2 year replacement policy. The ones that survived made new growth within a few days, and here's the blog I've made on them with their progress since 2 1/2 weeks ago when they arrived. http://stevespeonygarden.blogspot.com/2 ... .html#more

I might have also purchased some blueberry plants from them if I didn't already have so many.
canadianplant
Location info: 0

Post by canadianplant »

How do you still have any grass left steve? :shock:
stevelau1911

Post by stevelau1911 »

These guys don't really take up much space as they are supposed to be planted 3ft apart so these will take up no more than 400 square feet of space after planting them. So far less than 5% of the total available grass space has been used up for planting stuff.

I only have 9 large running bamboo groves in the ground, and I don't plan on letting any of them exceed 250 square feet in coverage. Aside from the bamboo, garlic beds, & vegetable garden, nothing else takes up that much space.