Bridge to nowhere....

Other plants we have or landscape elements like ponds.

Moderator: needmore

ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Bridge to nowhere....

Post by ghmerrill »

Well, instead of burning some scraps of wood, I decided to put them to use, and built a decorative "bridge" in front of the house. I'm putting about a foot of soil down, and planting plants there. So, next to the bridge, should I do larger anchor plants on each side? I'm thinking globe artichoke, or something like that, or would something evergreen be better? I'm planting some bamboo to the right, there is a large bush that I'm taking out and I'm thinking either Robert Young or nigra Bory.

A couple clumpers works be nice, but the area gets too much sun. To the left will be flowers, random other plants, and around the large crabapple that is there I'm going to put one of the smaller variegated boos.... Not sure off I want S. vetchii, or something like one of the variegated pleo. chino forms....

Here is the bridge, any suggestions welcome! Image
foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Re: Bridge to nowhere....

Post by foxd »

One thing I would suggest is putting something under the bridge to keep shoots from growing up through the cracks. Less labor removing them later.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.