Does anyone have intersectional or itoh peonies?

Other plants we have or landscape elements like ponds.

Moderator: needmore

stevelau1911
Location info: 42

Does anyone have intersectional or itoh peonies?

Post by stevelau1911 »

After having herbeceous peonies for many years and having success with growing tree peonies from both seeds as well as grafts which I got from a trade last year, I am also interested in growing itoh (intersectional peonies) which are a mix between the two. The problem is that they cost on average 75$ + shipping for a small plant due to their rarity. The don't sell them at gardening centers either, but I was able to bid on the cheapest on at 21$ on eBay, but these are known to be slow growers so I need a lot more of them.

Does anyone have any itoh peonies that they are willing to trade?

Mine are just starting to wake up now and might bloom by the beginning of April if the weather forecast stays the way it is. Here's a sample.

Almost all my bamboos are dividable now and ready for trade as long as I have enough time to stabilize a division, and I have a lot more than just bamboos available.
canadianplant
Location info: 0

Re: Does anyone have intersectional or itoh peonies?

Post by canadianplant »

Steve, I dont have what your looking for unfortunately, but Id like to say its good to see that the seedlings made it, since you were so worried about how early they sprouted!
stevelau1911

Post by stevelau1911 »

The older ones are OK, but I have had some of the sprouting ones leaf burned because they unfolded too early, but there were thousands of them planted all throughout last year so I am hoping I get at least a couple hundred to come up successfully without getting fried.

Itoh peonies are simply overpriced, and that doesn't look to be changing any time soon.
stevelau1911

Post by stevelau1911 »

Does anyone have any tree peonies?

I'm looking for more branches or scions to make some grafts.

Here's my blog for grafting some of them. I just think it's cool to produce new plants this way.
http://stevespeonygarden.blogspot.com/2 ... onies.html