Non-Boo Shoots for 2010

Other plants we have or landscape elements like ponds.

Moderator: needmore

foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Non-Boo Shoots for 2010

Post by foxd »

As the basement temperatures have gone over 60°F, I have noticed a few of my non-bamboo plants there have started to put up new shoots. I have seen a shoot from the Calla Lilies and the Dancing Crane Ginger. The Ginger I had pretty much given up for dead, so the shoot was a pleasant surprise.

It will be interesting to see if the fruit that started developing on the Papaya and Fig trees last year will continue to develop once the plants start growing again.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
Alan_L
Location info: 81

Re: Non-Boo Shoots for 2010

Post by Alan_L »

The first plant to awaken every year in my garden (outside, not inside) is the bleeding hearts (Dicentra spectabilis). It starts growing mid to late February every year, even when the temps are still dipping into the 20's or teens (F).
foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Re: Non-Boo Shoots for 2010

Post by foxd »

Outside the Petasites are the first to bloom. Usually in mid January. :?
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.