Yucca Pest

Other plants we have or landscape elements like ponds.

Moderator: needmore

foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Yucca Pest

Post by foxd »

I would like to identify a pest thae turns up on my Yuccas. It is a tiny black bug with a red head. It sucks the sap and multiplies like crazy. I can treat it with insecticide, but I would like to identify it.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
ocimum_nate
Location info: 0
Location: American Fork, Utah High Desert, elevation 4566 feet, zone 5 or 6 depending on which source.

RE: Yucca Pest

Post by ocimum_nate »

I had them get on my cacti once I am going to look up the name right now but I just hit them with some malathion and they disappeared.
I couldn't find it but I have fought the battle with them they are fortunately easy to keep under control.
foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

RE: Yucca Pest

Post by foxd »

ocimum_nate, what a coincidence, I hit them with malathion too.
I also haven't found any reference that identifies them, but I have found other people wondering what they are.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.